VGC The Renascence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brawl Thred

2 posters

Go down

The Brawl Thred Empty The Brawl Thred

Post  Lancer Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:44 pm

Ok Brawl is still a good game, we still play it, so it deserves a nice spot in our hearts and forum.
Lancer
Lancer
Admin
Admin

Location : Waiting on Overlord Magoo, The Church of Magooglism, Magoogalopolis.

Back to top Go down

The Brawl Thred Empty Re: The Brawl Thred

Post  Lancer Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Ok here's my Kirby guide:
OK, here we go, Kirby is an epic stock-keeper, his recovery and ability to deceive his opponents with his ultra-light appearance (When he can actually take quite a beating) are the key. Recovery- Kirby has 5 jumps, 3 full jumps, 1 mid jump and one small jump, as he runs out of breath. Kirby also has a UpB that is awesome for hogging edges; Note: It's called sword beam and beam wave not final cutter like most people think, final cutter is from boomerang Kirby's hat, he has a good recovery so watch for ledge grabbers, give it 2 seconds then do it as fast as you can, if they jump to try to spike you it's an instance spike and ledge grab and can kill everything at 0 except maybe DDD and not R.O.B. OK, now on to his B moves, other than up B. His Neutral B is his most famous moves, his inhale ability, it can copy in NB of any other opponent if you press down with the opponent in your mouth or do a forward attack, turning the opponent into a star-shaped projectile, which can damage other opponents as well. Kirby also has his famous Kirbicide where he inhales an opponent mid-air and either falls to both of their dooms by remaining idle (but if you both have one stock you win the game) or spits it out, away from, under, or just randomly, killing bad-recovery or slow/slow-reflexed enemies and drifting back up, or, setting up an enemy with good recovery to be camped and ledge-hogged into a fall-K.O. but I wouldn't rely on it too much unless you just want to have fun or do cool nuts, not for serious games like tourneys. Kirby has the best B moves of any other character in Brawl, His UpB is Excellent is NB is fun and is the best NB in brawl, his SideB(air) is fast and furious with excellent options for combos, his DownB(Which I suggest to only use in the air and in cool situations because of it's bad start-up and end lag and it's ability to be grabbed right out of it, very uncool) doing damage, excellent knock-back (In the sky-ward direction), and even having a small splash. Note- His DownB isn't something you really want to hit the ground if it's timed wrong, so you can mid-air cancel with a swift NB press in the rock. His GroundSideB, his hammer, which is his best knock-back move and single-move damage move, but is rather hard to pull off. Good for well timed&well spaced players. And that's it for his B moves, now on to his throws. First off his throwing techniques. Kirby has a surprisingly long range for his grabs and is relatively good for getting the grab. Once Kirby grabs, he basically can't go back, doing to his slowness and his lag after the grab, so, here's what you do: You grab, try not to grab too much or you'll get noticed very quickly because of Kirby's swinging motion when he grabs, you immediately press A 3-5 times, depending on the reflexes of your foe, then you lock it in with one of his grabs, which will be explained in the next sentence. Now, I know I'm not listing any of the fancy damage or priority, but I'm doing this totally by memory, and a true Kirby player throws stuff like that to the wind and does what a Kirby is born to do! OK, now that that is done, His Up Throw, named "Mizu No Otoshi" is his best knock-back, sky-ward, and a decent, but not the best, damage-dealer. Up B is good for use on high platforms, like in Mushroomy Kingdom. Kirby's Down Throw, which is a name I'm not aware of, is his BEST damage dealing throw, Kirby basically steps all over his opponent before slamming him/her to the ground, in a violent, fiery, smash. Down Throw is best used for combos and for just plain racking up damage one 1v1s or 2v2s where you are paired with a...*ehem* that comes later. So yup, down throw is awfully good in damage. So anyway, his Forward Throw named "Mizu No Gachan" or, roughly, technique of slam, is my favorite throw, it's fast and easy, Kirby has little lag after it and he can go into one of my favorite sub-combos, the "Crash" combo, FTilt to Forward Throw to FB(air), can do quite allot of damage, but must be used when the enemy is at under 22%, varying depending on weight. OK, back on track, Kirby's back throw, pile-driver, an average throw, I don't suggest it unless you're going to create a BAir wall of pain. And that's it for his throws. Now for his tilts, his UTilt is boss, it wraps around his body, does decent damage and is great for combos, his down tilt is so frickin cool, it's fast, has decent damage and is good for mind-games, and the best part. 50% tripping chance . His side tilt is the worst of his tilts but it's still awesome. It's fast, has decent knock-back, and damage; good if you need a quick attack without the opportunity for a FSmash. OK, now on to his smash attacks. His FSmash is one of his most amazing under-rated or over-rated moves in the game, a good balance between timing and predictability can provide a good, fast, killer move. His Down Smash (best charged) makes him spin around in a split-motion and is good for guarding ledges on slanted stages, getting behind him, or just throwing in a move to avoid being predictable. His USmash is pretty damn cool. It wraps around his upper-body and provides amazing knock-back, good dependability, and good damage. His UAir is a little spinny thing that is fast and good, if you repeat it you can make a stairway to heaven, utilizing all of Kirby's jumps. His FAir is 3 swift spartan kicks to the head, a good move, it does good damage, is quite re-usable, and the third kick has good knock-back, great for sudden-death. His back air is AMAZING. It does awesome damage with great knock-back and the ability to back a wall of pain, not the best move for catching the enemy off-guard, but still a godly move. And, finally, Kirby's DAir. It is THE thing do do above a non-charging enemy, it has a bunch of kicks with great damage but hardly any knock back, it's a cool move, and fast; I, personally, love it. OK, that's my Kirby guide, and I hope it's helped you succeed at playing Kirby, back from the dead, back from Melee, a good over-all character, and a great supporter for team matches. I may update this but write below if you have any questions or comments. Pretty damn good for memory, eh?
Lancer
Lancer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lancer Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Try to post some nice guides for your characters, or other brawl things, there is a tournee at Islanders this Sunday by the way :3
Lancer
Lancer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SelkieNinja Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 pm

I went there yesterday and they said it is next sunday at 1:00, if it is this Sunday I am not coming because I will listen to what they told me.
SelkieNinja
SelkieNinja
Admin
Admin

https://vgcreborn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lancer Fri May 01, 2009 7:15 pm

Scared? Smile
Lancer
Lancer
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SelkieNinja Sat May 02, 2009 1:00 am

Why whould I be scared?
SelkieNinja
SelkieNinja
Admin
Admin

https://vgcreborn.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content